Network Engineer – Data Center
|Employment Duration||6 month contract renewable up to 18 month|
|Work Performance Location||Remote In Manila – The Philippines with occasional visit to Manila Data Center|
|Location Preference||Manila – The Philippines|
|Working Hours||9 AM to 5 PM Manila Time (GMT +8)|
Merwel has global partnerships to deliver the industry’s top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic clients are in industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare. We help our clients accelerate their digital transformation and modernize their infrastructure as their relationship with technology evolves.
The Data Center Network Engineer will be part of the Network Delivery Team within Merwel and work closely with the client IT stakeholders. This position is responsible to provide support for the delivery of multi-site enterprise and data center network environments; including network equipment physical deployment at client’s data center and implementation and troubleshooting of network and security infrastructure technologies and solutions. You’ll also participate in developing project contingency plans and continually improve services and processes to ensure maximum performance and scalability.
Essential Job Functions
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in configuration of Cisco routers and switches
- Maintain LAN/WAN network, connectivity between all datacenters; contact vendors to establish connectivity; deploy and configure routers, switches, and security firewalls.
- Provide remote hands to Merwel Network Delivery team at client site
- Support of Server Farm projects and services requiring Network infrastructure at client sites.
- Ensure that all Network infrastructure is operated, maintained and secured to best industry practice(s).
- Ensure all Network infrastructure operates within defined capacity standards.
- Support the Network infrastructure operational standards development to ensure consistent approach. Work with peers to coordinate processes and align as appropriate.
- Coordinate with client to manage Network Infrastructure Change, Incident and Problem process. Ensure this process covers all works and is integrated with Merwel and Client processes.
- Support the Network infrastructure DR planning and vulnerability testing.
- Assist in general security policy evaluation, incident response planning, and general awareness.