IBM AIX Systems Administrator
|Work Performance Location
|Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM US MST (GMT -7)
Merwel has global partnerships to deliver the industry’s top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic clients are in industries like transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare. We help our clients accelerate their digital transformation and modernize their infrastructure as their relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) engineers are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
This position is for an IBM AIX Systems Administrator with 8+ years of experience to build and maintain a growing environment supporting databases and ERP applications. This position will work with the existing Software Defined Infrastructure team and the ERP team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot, and support servers for a mixed customer environment. This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the servers and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
This role requires high level strategizing all the way down to daily implementation and maintenance, a strategic thinker with a background in DevOps, systems engineering, and infrastructure architecture concepts.
Essential Job Functions
- Installing, configuring and maintaining AIX Servers through NIM.
- Strong in Power 7/P-series configuration, LPAR, DLPAR, VIO concepts and implementation.
- Configuration and administration of Logical volume manager.
- Tuning Kernel Parameters
- OS Security hardening
- Patch and Package administration
- Printer and NIM Server administration.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting backup failure.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issues.
- Knowledge in Configuration and administration of HACMP cluster
- Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of technology and industry practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities
- Ability to multi-task, collaborate with others, set priorities and take initiative
- Demonstrated success leading a team through complex project execution
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, presentation skills are a must. Bilingual a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of relative experience
- 5+ years IBM AIX Systems Administrator experience
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Merwel to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Merwel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.