|Work Performance Location
|Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM US MST (GMT -7)
Merwel has global partnerships to deliver the industry’s top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic clients are in industries like transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare. We help our clients accelerate their digital transformation and modernize their infrastructure as their relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) engineers are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who shares Merwel’s passion for the customer—someone who understands the Engineering and Business both. This role requires an individual with excellent understanding of SQL and query development, good business acumen and the ability to work with business, program and marketing teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and driven by a desire to innovate in this space.
To be successful in this role you should have good understanding of SQL, data analytics & data representation. Operating in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment you will work autonomously taking control and responsibility for achieving the objectives of the role. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Deep Dive and Advanced Analytics: Doing data analysis by writing query in SQL
- Highly proficient with MS Excel.
- Metrics and Reports – Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools
- Enabling effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Analyzing and solving business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities
- Helping identify process improvement opportunities to build streamlined and scalable solutions
- Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture
- Results driven with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- Communicating complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis & reporting
- 2+ years of experience with both SQL and MS Excel
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with SQL/ETL is a must
- 2+ years of experience in a business analyst, data analyst, statistical analysis related role is a mus
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new DW tables
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Merwel to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Merwel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.