|Work Performance Location
|Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM US MST (GMT -7)
Merwel has global partnerships to deliver the industry’s top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic clients are in industries like transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare. We help our clients accelerate their digital transformation and modernize their infrastructure as their relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) engineers are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
The Solution Architect role offers a unique opportunity to contribute your talents and experience to a growing team. Every day will be different, working on a diverse range of projects, technologies, and customers ensuring that the design and implementation of a product are aligned with enterprise guidelines, standards, and validated approaches.
In this role, you will focus on customer use cases and processes, analysis workshops, business process optimizations, and building configured management systems and integrations using Esko software.
This role requires high level strategizing all the way down to daily implementation and maintenance, a strategic thinker with a background in DevOps, systems engineering, and infrastructure architecture concepts.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates
- Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various departments
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and manage their proper execution
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with operating systems
- Business process or asset management technology solution architecture
- Software user training (e.g. workflow building, system configuration, system admin, developing key users up to a professional / specialist level)
- Other technical services domains (e.g. application engineering, enterprise level software installation)
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Merwel to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Merwel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.